Sponsorship: Hungary Student Visa Requirements for Bangladeshi Students

Sponsorship is one of the most important parts of any visa application is the issue of financial background. Most embassies want to ensure that a student has the means to study and live abroad. The process and documentation can be different from country to country. Some countries ask for a bank statement, a blocked account, or even a completely different account. In the case of Hungary, a bank statement is enough, but it has to meet certain requirements.

When you apply for a student visa, it’s essential to show the embassy that you have the necessary financial background to study abroad. The immigration authorities will want to make sure that you usually your sponsorship have the means to finance your living expenses, your tuition fees, and everything you might need, at least in the first years. For this reason, you must show a bank statement from your sponsor, proving that you or your sponsor have enough money for you to study abroad. This is also called “show money”, as you don’t have to pay this, you just have to show that you have it.

Sponsorship: Hungary Student Visa Requirements for Bangladeshi Students

Let’s see what you need to know about the sponsorship and show money. To obtain a visa, you need a person who will finance your stay in Hungary. The sponsor can only be a parent or a legal guardian, no other relative is accepted. You’ll need a couple of documents to prove the sponsorship.

sponsorship for student visa
Sponsorship for Hungarian Student Visa

?Evidence of the relationship with the sponsor (e.g. birth certificate).
?Your sponsor’s notarized bank statement for the last 6 months.
?A letter from your sponsor’s employer (stating the fact of the employment).
?Notarised sponsorship letter stating that your sponsor will finance your studies and transfer at least 500 EUR/month.
?Proof of sufficient funds of the sponsor (e.g. rental contracts, depositor’s book, proof of income) coming from a regular income that must be evident from the sponsor’s bank account statements. Funds should be enough to cover your tuition fee and at least one year’s stay in Budapest (around EURO 10 000-15 000).

As a citizen of a non-European country, you have to apply personally for a residence permit for studies at the nearest Hungarian Consulate or Embassy. If your visa is approved, you will get a type D visa that is valid for a single entry to Hungary. After entering Hungary you have 30 days to collect your documents and go to the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing in Budapest to receive your residence permit.

Important: Please note that the visa process might take up to 4-6 weeks, so we strongly advise you to book your visa interview in due time. At some Consulates /Embassies you will have to wait to get an appointment for the visa interview, so we suggest that you try to arrange an appointment right after you have paid the tuition fee and other service fees.

Please note that visa and residence permit is not the same notions, they have different meanings:
?Visa: stamped into your passport entitling you to enter Hungary
?Residence permit: is a card issued by the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing entitling you to stay in Hungary and commence studies here until it expires. It has to be extended 30 days before it expires.


Required Documents for the Application of the Study Visa (type D visa)

?A filled out and signed Application Form for Residence Permit for studies and Appendix 14
?2 photos must be attached; the photo should be in passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Hungarian Visa.
?Copy of your passport photo page and previous visas. Your passport must have at least two blank pages and be valid for at least 6 more months.
?Official and original school documents
?Your updated CV
?A language certificate of English skills (if applicable)
?A cover letter including your motivation for studying at Budapest International College and in Hungary, your previous trips abroad, and your family background.

? Follow us: ? Study in Hungary without IELTS ? Facebook ? Linkedin ? Instagram ? Twitter ? Pinterest ? Blogger ? Youtube

Share this post

Need Help?